Screenshots - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why are screenshots/videos blurred?
To protect user privacy and personal space, we blur all screenshots. The blurring is sufficient to make passwords, credit card numbers or any other accidentally revealed personal information unreadable. However, the quality still allows supervisors to get a general insight into what the user was actually doing.
- Can I time when screenshots are taken?
Nope. Screenshots are taken at a random time within 10-minute intervals.
- How often are screenshots taken?
Screenshots are taken at a random time within 10-minute intervals. If you close the tracker before the 10-minute interval ends, there will be a screenshot of your screen taken right before you stop the tracker.
- Can I add screenshots/videos?
Nope. The screenshot feature is automated.
- Can I download screenshots/videos?
You can save your screenshot images manually. However, we don’t support bulk exporting of screenshots. If you’d like to have this option in your reports, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I turn off the screenshot or video alerts/notifications?
You can do that in your Traqq app settings. Click on the Traqq icon in your system tray to bring up the app menu, then select ‘Settings’ and uncheck the box next to ‘Notify me when screenshots are taken’ to stop screenshot alerts.
- What happens if I turn off the tracker before 10 minutes?
If you close the tracker before a 10-minute interval ends, there will be a screenshot taken right before you stop the tracker.
- Can Traqq take screenshots when I’m offline?
If the tracker is on, then yes. Traqq works offline as well as online. It will track your activity and capture screenshots. These will be uploaded to your online Traqq timeline once you have a stable internet connection.
- How can I unblur screenshots/videos?
The short answer is, you can’t. The screenshots are blurred intentionally to protect user privacy and comply with our ethical tracking policy.
- Where can I see my screenshots/videos?
You can view your screenshots on the ‘Activity’ page in your online Traqq account at app.traqq.com. You can access this page by clicking on the Traqq icon in your system tray or on the taskbar, and selecting the ‘View activity’ option.
- Who can see my screenshots/videos?
Users can only view their own screenshots. Managers can view the screenshots of users in the groups they manage. Admins and Owners have access to everyone’s screenshots.
- How can I view my team’s screenshots?
As long as your role gives you the rights to view your team’s screenshots, you can do so by going to the ‘Activity’ page from the left-side navigation panel in your online Traqq account. Select the person whose activity and screenshots you would like to view from the list of users.
See our guide on Viewing and Deleting Screenshots for more information.
- How can I delete screenshots/videos?
Please see our guide on Viewing and Deleting Screenshots for more information.
- Where are my screenshots/videos stored?
Traqq stores your screenshots on tightly protected Amazon S3 servers, which provide our standard security, speed and data protection guarantees.
Learn about Amazon’s security measures here
Learn about Traqq’s security here
- How can I turn off screenshots/videos?
Visit the ‘Tracking settings’ tab and edit your tracking preferences.
- How long are the screenshots/videos stored for?
Your screenshots and/or video recordings are stored for 365 days before being automatically deleted.
- Can I delete my team’s screenshots?
Nope. Users can only delete their own screenshots.
- Who can delete screenshots?
Everyone in your organization, regardless of their role, may only delete their own screenshots.
- Can I recover deleted screenshots?
- Can Admins delete screenshots?
Nope. Everyone in your organization, regardless of their role, may only delete their own screenshots.
- Can I delete screenshots without deleting time?
No, screenshots are deleted with their corresponding time. Each screenshot corresponds to a 10-minute time interval.
- How many computer monitors can Traqq support?
Traqq can capture screenshots and record activity on two monitors. If you need support for more than two displays, please let us know at email@example.com